Here are some items that were shown before the 2016 Shizuoka Hobby Show started
58636 TA07 PRO
The TA series of mid-range touring car chassis has been running since 1991. The TA series is a great option for racers, plus those ready to take the next step from entry-level machines such as the TT model series. The TA series now receives an update with this brand new model - the TA07 PRO chassis, which is the first new-number variant since the TA06 in 2011. It utilizes a new composite layout, fused with proven part designs from the top-class TRF419 chassis suspension. As a result, the chassis features highly optimized flex characteristics, plus tried and trusted drivetrain parts in a fresh 1 belt-driven setup.
· TRF419 design Uprights
· TRF419 design Suspension Arms
· TRF419 design Gear Differential Units
· TRF Dampers
· Universal Drive Shafts
· 1/10 scale R/C chassis assembly kit.
· Uses a composite lower deck/upper frame setup, as opposed to the TA06's monocoque. Lower deck and side frame parts are integrated, while upper frame center brace and F/R stiffener parts are separate.
· Slim line lower deck piece features a skid-shaped underside to minimize contact with the track surface.
· Single belt-driven 4WD provides efficient acceleration.
· Drivetrain utilizes 8 ball bearings.
· The motor can be switched between one of three positions, each with its own performance characteristics.
· Utilizes race-proven TRF419 suspension, steering parts (same Ackerman geometry) and gear diff units.
· Includes universal drive shafts, adjustable battery holder and TRF dampers.
· Battery is inserted from chassis side.
· Requires: 2-channel radio, ESC, Body, 7.2volt battery & charger, and motor.
Further Details from Tamiya’s Design Team:
The upper frame allows for a symmetrical chassis design, which in turn helps to optimize chassis flex.
Note: that front/rear stiffener, and center brace parts are attached separately to the integrated lower and side frame piece.
The efficient single belt winds back around the main and counter pulleys. Using one belt as opposed to two facilitates the changeable motor position feature. It allows simple reconstruction of the chassis using the existing belt rather than many different lengths.
The 3 motor positions cover a total range of 52mm. Changing motor positions is easy; just take off the cover, remove 2 screws, and re-attach the motor mount in the desired position.
TRF419 suspension parts and gear differentials give top-level performance and reliability. Like on theTRF419, the servo mount is attached on one side only, with chassis flex in mind. The battery can be removed via the chassis side.
58634 1/10 R/C NSX (TT-02)
This Radio Control assembly kit model recreates the NEXT GENERATION NSX supercar. The full-size car is a highly technical and utterly thrilling supercar. With weight-saving construction, a hybrid powertrain that has three electric motors and a mid-mounted twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6 making a combined output of 573 HP, the NSX offers pulse-pounding performance paired with everyday usability. The power plant is mated to a nine-speed dual-clutch automatic, which moves an all-wheel drive train.
Tamiya has faithfully reproduced this sleek racing machine in 1/10 scale on the TT-02 entry-level on-road chassis. The TT-02 chassis is the successor to the TT-01 as it incorporates many new features to make it even easier for the new R/C kit builder to assemble and learn from. The TT-02 chassis performs well as cornering and overall speed has been enhanced to take advantage of new electronics available on the market. In addition to the TT-02 being an ideal platform to start from, R/C hobbyists can expand its potential by adding many of the Hop-Up Options available to increase the cars speed and performance.
· 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit.
· The sleek form of the NSX (NC1) is accurately captured in durable polycarbonate, with separate molded side mirror and front light case (please note that light cases are not compatible with LEDs) parts.
· The TT-02 chassis features a shaft-driven 4WD system to offer easy handling and great customizability.
· Stickers are included to recreate both Acura (U.S.) and Honda (Japan) spec car exteriors, as are masking stickers for use when painting.
· Utilizes gunmetal color mesh wheels.
· Includes 540 Torque-Tuned motor and TBLE-02S ESC with brushed and brushless motor mode.
· Requires: 2-channel radio, 7.2volt battery and charger, and Tamiya PS polycarbonate paint.
##### 1/48 F-14A TOMCAT
• 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• Fuselage length: 398mm; wingspan: 212mm - 408mm (according to position of movable "swing wing").
• The streamlined form of the aircraft is accurately captured, complete with moving wing - it can be depicted
at angles from 20-75 degrees.
• The aircraft is depicted in parked position, with landing gear deployed.
• Separate parts are included to depict the different airbag and sealing plate shapes with the wing at 20 and 75
degrees. They can be attached and detached after completion of the model.
• Opening canopy piece allows closer inspection of the detail in the 2-seater cockpit.
• Ladder and step components can be built in deployed or stowed positions.
• Comes with 2 striking high-visibility marking options, which are tentatively planned to depict F-14As from
the VF-84 (Jolly Rogers) and VF-2 (Bounty Hunters) U.S. Navy Fighter Squadrons.
• 2 highly-realistic figures are included to depict seated pilot and co-pilot.
•1/48 scale missile set (Item 12670) available separately.