This past weekend I was able to get out to the Tamiya track to do some more testing. Was going to be primarily a F1 practice day, as UF1 series is next weekend but was having so much fun running mod I could not resist shifting my focus.
I ended up trying several things out from changing from gear diff putty in the front to 2.5 million weight diff oil, tire inserts, tire prep and some chassis flex options. Early on in the day I was doing low 13s but by the end of the day I was doing sub 13s on 8 run + tires. I ended up finding that the biggest difference in performance really came from raising my top deck 2mm and then using flat head screws with shims to hold the spur gear shaft in place.
This mod overall made the have more traction and more stability. Over a 5 minute run I was able to comfortably push the car and able to get consistent lap times in. I look forward to trying this setup again on some new tires with my choice of inserts.
Posted by: JAY WILLIAMS