The Fighting Buggy was originally exported as the Super Champ in 1982 across the globe. For a limited time only, it is back as a special re-release celebrating 30-plus years after it originally made its debut in hobby stores.
The re-release kit begins with a new name, which is the same as that used by the original Japanese release of the R/C model. While it features a variety of tweaks and upgrades, Tamiya’s designers made sure to retain the drivability, appearance and characteristics of the original.
Specs and Features
· 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit.
· The classic body of the original is reproduced in durable ABS resin with an aluminum roof panel with wing.
· Newly-designed stickers retain many of the themes of the classic model while also adding some new motifs.
· New lightweight and durable 2.5mm thick FRP chassis plate.
· Newly-designed parts recreate original transverse damper rear suspension setup with progressive spring and separate oil reserve tank.
· Front suspension is double trailing arm type. Front/rear suspension arms are die-cast.
· Employs durable die-cast sealed gear case with direct drive setup, which also houses the motor.
· Ribbed front and rear spike tires. They are fitted securely to 3-piece wheels.
· Type 540 motor included.
· Comes in nostalgic blister pack style packaging.
· Requires: Two-channel radio, 1 servo, ESC and a short-style square shaped battery.
· Tamiya Plastic Model Paint.